Best of Port Charlotte Award Winner
Horizon Gymnastics & Dance Academy,
Horizon Gymnastics & Dance Academy,
Hello Horizon Fans,
Horizon will be maintaining a healthy and safe environment for all of our students and families. This is going to take work and cooperation from our staff, athletes, and parents. We need every family to do their part to practice good hygiene, follow our policies and procedures, and be patient and supportive of our athletes and coaches during this time. I am so excited to provide this excellent plan as we navigate and get back towards normal.
We hope that when you feel the time is right your family will be as excited as we are to return to Horizon. We ask that you look over the schedules and contact us by email or phone to sign up.
My dedication to Horizon’s families of being the best Gymnastics & Dance Facility in our area has been my lifelong goal. Now more than ever this has been put to the test and I am proud of what we have done. I promise to provide not only a safe environment but a school that cares about each and every family.
Looking forward to a great 2022 here at Horizon!
Shelly Proa, Owner
Horizon Gymnastics & Dance Academy
We want to share our strategy with you:
- Improved check in-out processes
- Healthy Hygiene Practices and Wellness policies.
- We have above-adequate supplies of soap, installed touch-less soap dispensers, and provide hand sanitizer using the W.H.O (World Health Organization) recommended formula.
- We have intensified cleaning, disinfection across the building and equipment. Built in-class breaks and buffers to allow for deep cleaning between students and on frequently touched surfaces including mats, bars, door handles, sinks and discontinued drinking fountains. All recreational classes will be 55 minutes to allow for cleaning in between classes.
- All equipment will be cleaned, sanitized, or disinfected multiple times throughout the day. Balance Beams have been moved to provide social distancing at more than 6’ apart.
- Our staff and instructors have been trained on the correct application of disinfectants.
- Horizon Gymnastics & Dance Academy has developed policies following the Mitigations Strategies for communities with the Local COVID-19 Transmission. These plans will provide additional steps for the safety of our students.
- How to enter and exit the building to accommodate social distancing. There is one entrance for athletes to check in and a separate one to check out. Parents must be with their child for check in.
- Office Contact Information: [email protected], 941.627.5342
- Contactless payment suggested
- Must stay home if they or anyone in their households show any symptoms.
- All students will be required to fill out our new waiver. This will be given to all students and must be signed and returned prior to returning to class.
- Students must bring their own water bottle. Team students are suggested to bring two bottles. Water fountains are available for refilling thermos or water bottles only. No drinking from fountains.
- Student must sanitize hands upon entry and exit and in between events.
- Students will be required to be checked in by one parent. Parents may not drop student off without their child being checked in.
- Each student in recreational classes will receive a plastic storage bin (basket) to keep their water bottles and shoes. Please bring at least one water bottle and slip on shoes only such as flip flops or slides. The students will keep their personal belongings with them through the class. These personal bins will be left in the check-out area and then sanitized.
- Students must be picked up ON TIME. In order for our systems to be safe for all family’s parents should be waiting at the check-out door (the front door on the left of the building, no later than 5 minutes before the end of class). Any child that is not picked up on time will then be moved to a separate waiting area. Parents who are late more than once will be subject to a late pick up charge. If there is an emergency, please contact our office as soon as you can so we can communicate with your child’s coach. The Check-out Area will be monitored by a Horizon Staff Member at all times.
- Competitive Gymnasts must bring their own chalk to practice each day. Recreational students do not need chalk. All competitive gymnasts will be supplied with a chalk box and (1) block of chalk on their first day.
- Students who need to have athletic tape applied by coaches must provide their own tape and pre-wrap. Coaches will wear a mask and wash hands before and after athletic taping. Parents will need to contact coaches to approve this prior to athletes being taped.
Staff Policies-Phase Two:
- Must stay home if they or anyone in their households showing any symptoms.
- Must sanitize hands upon entering, and between each station and class.
- Good hygiene habits encouraged at home and at the gym.
Family Policies-Phase Two:
- If anyone in student’s household is showing symptoms, they cannot attend.
- All administrative and billing must be done by phone or email with the front desk. Parents are encouraged to sign up for autopay. Payments can be made using our Parent Portal by credit card, credit card over the phone or check drop off box located in the entry way on the wall or. (Information will be sent out in separate email). Cash payments can be accepted at the window to the front office.
- New families should contact our office by email ([email protected]) or phone (941.627.5342) to set up a registration time with our office staff.
- We are excited to announce our NEW Parent Portal. This is a more user-friendly online format for parents to view their accounts and interact with our front office.
- Any questions regarding training, programs or other nature please direct to Owner-Shelly Proa [email protected]
- Social Distancing will be enforced during spectating. We have a limited number of view seats. At check in parents will be asked if they are dropping off or staying to view. All viewing will only be in the bleacher area that has been marked off with social distancing guidance. Any person who may not be able to view upstairs due to medical reasons or person needing assistance please contact the office for additional options. There are a few chairs as well for seating. We ask that you do not move them as they have been set with proper distancing.
Class Policies: Phase Two
- Limited spotting as necessary. Coaches will utilize many stations and progressions for proper learning. Gymnastics can be effectively taught by teaching methods such as proper progressions, development of shaping of skills and verbal coaching.
- Class sizes limited.
- Students must come to class prepared. Please make sure your child comes dressed and has used the restroom prior to class.
- All students will sanitize hands before and after each event and upon dismissal.
Facility Policies: Phase Two
- Complete facility disinfection daily in addition to individual event disinfection between classes.
- Instant bleach cleaner installed in all toilets.
- Building Capacity reduced.
- Please do not send a sick child to Team Practice. Sick children will NOT be allowed to stay. Children who become sick while at Team Practice will be isolated from other children and parent/guardian will be called to pick up the child.
- Team Gymnasts are required to bring in their team gym bag with the following items, marked with their names. Water bottles (2), Personal chalk and chalk box, Grips or trampoline shoes/socks if needed, any tape or pre-wrap. Any snack must be kept inside the student’s gym bag. All team athletes will keep their gym bag with them during workouts on a designated space at each event.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ALL THE WONDERFUL THINGS WE ARE DOING HERE AT HORIZON GYMNASTICS & DANCE ACADEMY WITH YOUR FRIENDS. IT HAS BEEN A DIFFICULT TIME FOR SMALL BUSINESSES AND WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT NOW MORE THAN EVER. IF A FRIEND OF YOURS IS INTERESTED IN GETTING THEIR CHILD ENROLLED PLEASE TELL THEM TO LET US KNOW WHO REFERRED THEM. WE WANT TO THANK YOU FOR SPREADING THE WORD WITHIN OUR COMMUNITY! WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!